So there are 2 marketing tools that we absolutely love using here on a daily basis at FunnelBeginner.
Whatever could have given it away?! 😉
Ah yes… perhaps the title of this short how-to guide on how to integrate GetResponse with ClickFunnels!
And that my friends is exactly what we’re gonna do – so let’s jump right in!
How To Integrate GetResponse With ClickFunnels – Must Haves
While you would think this way a little self-explanatory..
In order to proceed you will need to have at the very least:
If you don’t have either of those yet but are interested in trying them out, then just click on the bullets above and you can take advantage of a FREE trial on both of these awesome platforms.
Another thing to note is that you will also need to have at least one email list set up within GetResponse in order to finalize the integration but more on that in a minute!
Integrate GetResponse With ClickFunnels – Step 1
Integrating GetResponse and ClickFunnels is not as hard as you might think.
First things first – you have to create a new API key in GetResponse. This is unique to your personal account and will allow the two platforms to communicate with one another.
Don’t worry this isn’t at all as technical or as complicated as it may sound.
We’ll have you through this guide in no time at all!
Start by following these steps:
- Login to your GetResponse account
- From the main menu dropdown, click on ‘Integrations and API’
- If you have never done this before you will have to click ‘Generate API key’
This key is what you’re going to need to put into ClickFunnels so copy it and then you’re ready to move onto Step 2!
Integrate GetResponse With ClickFunnels – Step 2
With the new API key now in your possession, the next steps are as follows:
- Login into your ClickFunnels account
- Go to your profile icon in the top right hand corner of the dashboard screen
- Click on ‘Account Settings’
- From the lefthand side menu select ‘Integrations’ under the Setup category
- Click ‘Add New Integration’
- Pick GetResponse from the integrations list
- On the next screen enter your desired nickname for the integration (you can call it what you want – just put in GetResponse if you like, that’s fine)
- Paste in your GetResponse API key
Voila! Your GetResponse ClickFunnels integration is now complete and you can use GetResponse with all of your ClickFunnels funnels!
Except not so fast…
Here’s a couple of things to bear in mind, especially if you are having any difficulties:
- Technology is changing all the time and given that these 2 platforms are on different development cycles, sometimes integrations can be impacted by versioning issues between the two sides
- If you are having difficulty in integrating GetResponse with ClickFunnels it could be that the version of the APIs is different. When we set up our integration for FunnelBeginner we had to speak to GetResponse customer live chat support to have API versions V2 and V3 enabled on our account
- This was a very quick exercise but if you have followed the above instructions and are getting an error message this is likely the case! 5 minutes with GetResponse support should fix the issue
It’s also VERY important that you test your integration prior to driving traffic to make sure everything is working the way you would expect.
We’ll cover this next!
Testing Your GetResponse ClickFunnels Integration
Although you have now successfully enabled ClickFunnels and GetResponse to speak to one another, you do still have to finalize and test the connection on each funnel you want the integration to occur on.
To do this all you have to do is as follows:
- Go to the funnel you want to use GetResponse on and click edit
- When in the ClickFunnels funnel editor, click on ‘Settings’ and then ‘Integrations’
- On the integration menu:
- Select GetResponse from the dropdown integration menu
- Select the action you want to occur such as ‘Add to Campaign’
- Select the list you want to the lead to be added to (we said you’d eventually need a list didn’t we! Now you see why)
- You have now added your GetResponse list to this funnel
- To verify the connection was successful – you should now see a check mark next to integrations within the settings menu you clicked on just before!
That’s all you have to do – see that wasn’t so bad was it? 🙂
Why The Features of GetResponse And ClickFunnels Work Well Together
In our humble opinion, the combination of ClickFunnels and GetResponse makes for a seriously powerful marketing tool duo.
Specifically, you get to leverage the full power of what each platform was designed primarily to do:
- ClickFunnels to build sales funnels and custom landing pages
- GetResponse to drive email marketing, list management and workflow automation
So if you are interested in either of these platforms, we strongly advise you to take full advantage of their free trials!